August 25th, 2014
With summer coming to an end, it’s time to transition your skincare for the fall season. You no longer have to worry so much about your makeup sweating off, hiding uneven tan lines or any other summer skin concerns. Here are a few tips to prepare your skin for fall.
- Switch from lotions to creams. As the air becomes drier, your skin needs a thicker moisturizer. Creams provide a stronger oily barrier, which means they both reduce water loss from the outer layer of skin and provide hydration to this layer of skin at the same time.
- Start using hand cream. Your hands begin to get dry and crack faster once the air starts to get cooler and the wind picks up. Use a thick hand cream to nourish your hands and prevent aging signs.
- Fix summer damages with a deep-cleaning treatment. Your skin is probably damaged from the sun, sand and sweat you experienced during summer. Spend one day a week by giving yourself a deep skin treatment, including exfoliation (Shinso Glow) a serum that deeply penetrates the skin (Shinso Essense) and more.
- Prevent dry skin. Wash your face with tepid- not cold or boiling hot- water as to not irritate your skin. Moisturize daily and nightly to prevent dry skin from even becoming a problem.
- Use SPF. As always, make sure to apply SPF each day. You may not be exposed to as much sun as summer or spring, but it’s still out there and can hurt your skin.
August 24th, 2014
Shinso Skincare’s line of products have been raved about by various celebrities, facialists and makeup artists alike. While this is all helpful and valuable information, sometimes having a doctor’s opinion is even more beneficial. See what the following plastic surgeons and dermatologists had to say about the effectiveness of Shinso products.
Dr. Robert Applebaum – Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
“Shinso Essence has calming properties on the skin after the injection of fillers, botox and minor skin treatments. There is a visible reduction in swelling and bruising after placing Shinso Essence on the skin.”
“Shinso Essence is truly an innovative skin care product with remarkable skin rejuvenation properties. There are instant visible skin tightening effects with smoothing and improvement in the texture of the skin. Shinso Essence also has significant long term rejuvenation benefits as well. I strongly recommend Shinso Essence for any skin type to beautify the appearance of the skin.”
Dr. Gregory Nikolaidis, MD – Dermatologist Surgeon and founder of Westlake Dermatology
“I recommend Shinso Essence for all of my patients that are concerned with skin laxity. The combination of soothing botanicals and deionized water provide an immediate calming and rejuvenation of the skin. No other product comes to the immediate and long term lifting effect of Shinso.”
Dr. Michael H. Gold, MD – Dermatologist Surgeon in Nashville, Tennessee
“Shinso is a breakthrough line that integrates the benefits of natural healing with the application of topical skincare. The products create an immediate visual result that is illuminating to patients wanting a noticeable difference in their skin with minimal effort. And because of the precise selection of natural ingredients Shinso is comprised of, the long-term effects of product use will continue to create the lift and glow all skincare patients hope to achieve.”
Dr. Melissa R. Schneider MD – Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon at Boston, Massachusetts
“I have all my patients use shinso essence after laser treatments. It helps rejuvenate the skin quickly. My patients are so happy with the product they have continued to use it even when they are not having a laser procedure.”
Dr. Melissa Doft MD – Plastic Surgeon at Mahatthan, New York
“Many of my patients have active lives so any redness or puffiness after a procedure if not acceptable. I have started using Shinso after injectables and Botox as I find it helps eliminate any inflammation so that my patients can return to their hectic Manhattan schedule without downtime.”
August 15th, 2014
Open up any magazine and you’re sure to see a mention of Japanese skincare rituals or secrets. Whether it’s straight from a celebrity’s mouth or a secret that makeup artists swear by, the Japanese are known for having great skin and sharing their wealth of knowledge with others. Here are just a few common Japanese skin rituals.
- Indigo is an ingredient used in some beauty product. It’s a proven anti-inflammatory and soothes the skin. In Japan it’s referred to as “Samurai blue” as during the Edo period the samurai wore indigo-dyed cotton under their armor to help heal their skin.
- Japanese women are very vigilant with sun protection. Fair skin is considered very beautiful, so during the summer months, sunscreen, sunglasses and hats are key.
- Japanese women generally follow a standard regimen that begins with makeup removal, followed by cleansing, application of softener, then lotion and/or cream if they have mature or drier skin.
- Since ancient times, Japanese women have used products made out of nightingale droppings to maintain their silky porcelain skin. The nightingale facial, which is popular in spas worldwide, uses these droppings to make sure that dull skin is taken care of completely.
- Shiatsu massages are a traditional Japanese healing method believed to cure disease resulting from blocked energy within the body.
August 12th, 2014
When it comes to choosing your beauty products, do you worry most about the price? What about the look of the packaging? Or the reviews you read online? Chances are you look into all of these things when purchasing a new product, but an often overlooked characteristic is the ingredients of the product- particularly if the product is all natural.
Many brand-name products are created with chemicals, irritants, and dangerous compounds that can hurt your skin, clog your pores, pollute the environment and could potentially be tested on animals.
When using natural beauty products, you can even feel and see the difference. They are lighter and less greasy and have a natural non-perfumy scent. Generally, natural beauty products are better for sensitive or easily irritated skin, since they don’t include any fake chemicals that typically cause these negative reactions. Some women also have allergies to certain ingredients, so natural products work to fix that problem.
Natural beauty products contain ingredients that are actually good for your skin- such as anxiodiants and vitamins. Examples of the beneficial effects of these ingredients include brighter skin, an even complexion, moisturizing properties and reduction of wrinkles, to name a few.
Shinso products are made with all-natural ingredients, including Japanese herbs, honey, Vitamin C and more.
August 7th, 2014
Shinso skincare products contain an array of natural ingredients, including botanical herbs and water straight from Japan. Another naturally-occurring ingredient you will see in many skincare products is seaweed. Below we list a few of the many health and skin benefits of seaweed.
- In ancient Polynesia, they used seaweed treat various wounds, bruises and swellings, and is today often used on burns and wounds as well. The oils found in seaweed help dead or damaged skin cells renew and rejuvinate.
- Seaweed contains anti-aging and anti-cellulite properties, so applying it to skin can help improve elasticity.
- Seaweed is known as a common emollient that has smoothing, anti-inflammatory properties that can have a positive effect on problems such as facial wrinkles or redness. It acts as a moisturizer by forming a protective layer on the skin that reduces loss of moisture.
- Seaweed is packed with vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, which are all important to having youthful skin. A few essential vitamins it has includes: A1, B12, C, E, K, and folic acid. Selenium and ascorbic acid protects the skin from damaging free radicals. It can therefore help with rosacea or other skin-irritating issues.
- Seaweed baths are known to help relax and soothe irritated skin.
- Seaweed’s anti-inflammatory compounds can have a positive affect on reducing the swelling of acne.
Next time you’re at your local beauty store, check out and see their product offerings that contain seaweed!