August 24th, 2015
Having healthy and luminous skin isn’t just about what you put on your skin, it’s also about what you eat and drink. Vitamins and antioxidants are often found in smoothies, making them a healthy and delicious treat. To help your body keep your skin hydrated and healthy from the inside out, start taking a look at the ingredients in your favorite smoothies- premade or custom-made in your own kitchen. It’s no surprise that smoothies and green juices are all the rage lately, but which ingredients in these smoothies are actually good for your skin and which are just filler?
- This Glowing Skin Smoothie recipe is a fruity way to get all your nutrients in. This specific recipe includes avocado, which not only hydrates the skin but gives it a summer glow year-round. Mangoes and pineapples are two fruits that contain carotenoids, which help revive dull-looking skin. Kale (or spinach if you prefer the taste of it) contains lot of antioxidants which work to remove toxins from the body and skin. Lastly, the coconut water works to hydrate the skin.
- This Glowing Skin Berry Smoothie recipe promises similar results but with quite a few different ingredients. Ingredients include a variety of berries, which are a great source of antioxidants to protect your skin from the sun’s damaging rays. The addition of flax seeds works to reduce irritation and inflammation in the skin due to their high level of omega-3 fatty acids.
- This Healthy Banana Almond Smoothie is a great alternative to the traditional, sugary dessert. The smoothies top ingredient is bananas, which do wonders for the skin. They are full of potassium, which hydrates and moisturizes dehydrated skin and B-vitamins, which protect against free radicals that cause premature aging.
November 18th, 2014
As the seasons start to change and winter rolls in, our skin becomes drier and requires a lot more care. One of the culprits to bad skin during winter is the cool winds. Cold and strong wings cause chapped skin all over the body- including your face, lips and hands. In addition to treating already chapped skin, you can work to prevent it from happening with a few simple steps.
How to Soothe Already Chapped Skin
Moisturize. Apply a thick, unscented moisturizer all over the chapped areas, paying special attention to any area that is badly chapped or has cuts on it. Moisturizer that is applied directly to the skin will keep water from evaporating and give your skin a dewy appearance. Use a gentle moisturizer on delicate areas such as your face, and a thicker one on your hands.
Use mild soaps and products. Avoid anything with large or harsh exfoliating beads or ingredients- they will only further irritate the chapped skin. Look for natural products made for sensitive skin.
Use a humidifier. This will help keep the air in your home moist. Leave it on while you sleep- it will do wonders for chapped lips, especially.
How to Prevent Chapped Skin
Use sunscreen daily. Many people forget to use sunscreen in the winter since it’s hard to feel the warmth of the sun that summer gives so easily. But you can still damage your skin and get burnt, chapped skin from a day spent outdoors in the winter. If you often forget to apply sunscreen, choose a daily moisturizer with SPF mixed in already and apply it all over your face each morning.
Wear protective clothing. Always shield your face from the harsh cold and winds with proper outerwear, such as hats, earmuffs and hoods on coats. To prevent chapped hands, wear thick gloves or mittens. And don’t forget about your neck! A scarf will work wonders.
March 25th, 2014
Have you ever noticed how flawless the skin of celebrities looks? Sure, they have access to professional makeup artists and can afford the latest treatments, but many of their tips and tricks can be achieved by anyone, anywhere. We’ve rounded up a few of our favorite celebrity skin secrets. Which one will you plan on trying out?
- Kate Middlton is said to have received a bee venom facial prior to the royal wedding. These facials can help you achieve a youthful and smooth complexion. Look out for products on the web and in stores that carry similar ingredients- the number of them is growing.
- Jennifer Aniston is known for her amazing skin and hair. Aniston has revealed that she applies Vaseline under her eyes before bed. This easy trick may just be the reason she looks 15 years younger than her actual age!
- Charlize Theron is just one of the many celebrities who is a fan of Shinso Essence, a gel that instantly lifts for a youthful appearance.
- For the occasion pimple, Fergie swears by applying toothpaste on the dots to dry them out.
- Beauty Minka Kelly has been using eye cream since she was 19- and her ageless face is proof. No age is too young to start taking care of your skin, especially the delicate area around your eyes.