April 28th, 2015
Now that spring is here, it’s time to switch up the colors of your makeup. Instead of the dark cranberries of winter or the neons of summer, spring’s shades are somewhere in-between. Each season, Pantone releases a list of their hot colors for the seasons, and the Spring 2015 collection is just gorgeous. These shades can be used in your home, your fashion and even your makeup. Let’s take a look at some of the colors of spring and how to best wear them on your face.
Strawberry Ice- This pretty pink shade isn’t too girly or bright, which makes it perfect for just about every skin tone. The shade looks best in forms of a blush (try a cream blush for a higher impact or powder blush for build-able color) or lip stain. The shade gives a flattering glow to skin that is perfectly suited for spring.
Glacier Gray- Who says neutrals can’t be fun? Glacier gray is the perfect shade for a daytime smoky eye- it’s not too dark and can be worn with or without dark eyeliner depending on the event. With a hint of a light blue, the gray is much more flattering than other neutrals on the skin. To keep the shade from being too “disco”, skip the glitter.
Lavender Herb- Attention-loving ladies will turn to this pretty purple shade, which is perfect for spring. For a pop of color without going overboard, use the color to draw on a thin line of eyeliner. It really brings out brown or hazel eyes.
To make the beautiful colors of your makeup last all day, be sure to set it with Shinso Mist!
December 10th, 2014
With the holidays right around the corner, more and more shoppers are out shopping for the perfect gifts. Women are sometimes known as being “hard to buy for”, but we know that one way to a woman’s heart is great skin. While you can’t actually give the gift of great skin, you can help along the way with the following gifts.
A trip to the spa. Nothing puts a woman’s mind at ease like a nice, relaxing trip to the spa. She can get a massage, treat herself to a wax and opt for a deep-cleansing facial. At-home facial and spa treatments are great, but let her indulge in the best of the best by having her see a professional. Most spas or facial salons offer gift certificates that can be easily purchased online or at the front desk.
Shinso Skincare products. Your wife, girlfriend, mother or sister might not usually like to treat herself to quality skincare products, so why not surprise her with the gift of Shinso Skincare products. Whether it’s Essence, Mist or Glow, there is a Shinso product for her specific needs.
A gift card to your local beauty or department store. Specialty beauty stores carry unique brands and products that are hard to find at drugstore or supermarkets, while department stores carry high-end brands that are hard to find. A gift card to one of these places ensures your special friend that she can get whichever product she wants, while you don’t have to worry about getting a gift receipt to return it.
September 9th, 2014
There are few beauty and skincare brands that produce products that cater to a wide audience. Most products focus on younger skin, older skin, acne-prone skin, etc. This results in women using multiple products at once, which can irritate the skin or cancel out the effects of certain ingredients. Shinso Skincare carries a variety of products that boast benefits for women and men of any age.
- Shinso Essence- Shinso Essence instantly rejuvenates and tightens your skin, while it goes to work on the deepest layers to boost collagen production. It helps to smooth and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles giving you a similar topical botox like effect naturally. With regular use, it will reveal the true you with firmer and smoother skin. Even if you don’t have wrinkles yet, Essence will work to prevent them by tightening the skin. It’s a great preventative measure to take!
- Shinso Mist- Shinso Mist hydrates and energizes skin. It can also be used to set makeup for long-lasting power, which is great for women and men of any age. It only takes a few quick spritzes- another bonus!
- Shinso Glow- Shinso Glow works to exfoliate the skin to get rid of dead or damaged cells, so your true, beautiful skin can shine through. Exfoliation is key at any age, and has the added benefit of allowing for better penetration of serums and moisturizers.
July 29th, 2014
Shinso skincare products use a variety of all-natural and Nobel prize-winning ingredients. Today we’re going to learn more about one of the ingredients in Shinso Mist- Serilesine.
- Serilesine mimics a sequence of laminin, promoting cell adhesion as well as cell proliferation.
- It increases the production of laminin-5, α6-integrin and hemidesmosomes, thus strengthening the dermal-epidermal junction.
- The skin is restructured, replenished (+19% of skin density after 2 months), firmer and more elastic, recovering its fullness.
- Other results include a rebuilding of collagen, a reduction in fine lines and a reduction in pore size.
- Serilesine is based on chains of laminin – the second most abundant protein in the skin after collagen, but buried deep down in the skin. According to Lipotec, laminin is brilliant at cell migration, cell growth and adhesion. However, while Collagen performs exclusively a structural role in the skin, laminin is involved in the functions of of cells.
- Serilesine can be incorporated in a variety of cosmetic formulas like gels and serums.
*information from Lipotec.com
July 21st, 2014
When it comes to skincare, differentiating which product does what can be a bit confusing. Here is a quick breakdown of two of Shinso’s most popular products and the differences between them.
- The application is different. Shinso Mist is a mist that you simply spray onto your skin, while Shinso Essence is a serum that you apply with your hands. Both can definitely be used on-the-go, although Mist is much more convenient for touch-ups throughout the day. Mist can be added on top of makeup, while Essence should be used prior to putting on makeup. Mist can be used multiple times per day, while Essence is very powerful and should be used twice- in the morning and at night.
- The concentration. Shinso Mist is less concentrated than Essence, but it is still very powerful. Essence gives you the rejuvenation throughout the day and feed the skin.
- The ingredients. Shinso Mist has about 30 different ingredients, including deep sea water and two Nobel Prize ingredients. Essence has about 70 ingredients, which includes various Japanese herbs.
Both products produce long-term effects including a reduction in wrinkles, tighter skin, tons of hydration and a boost in collagen levels. So why not use both products?
July 15th, 2014
One of the most common complaints from women who wear makeup is that they can’t get it to last all day. Whether it’s a 14-hour day at the office or an important occasion like a wedding, you want your makeup to last all day long so you can look and feel your best. Many makeup artists and celebrities- who often have to wear makeup that lasts all day for photoshoots, events and more- have found the secret to long-lasting makeup: Shinso Mist.
Shinso Mist is a natural beauty treatment that your skin will love to drink. It uses water from some of the world’s purest sources to produce a hydrating mist that will invigorate and revitalize your skin. It instantly hydrates, energizes and lifts the skin without clogging oils like many similar products. With regular use, Shinso Mist reduces pore size and diminishes the appearances of fine lines while refining your skin’s tone and texture. This allows you to wear even less makeup and save some time on your beauty routine each day.
Shinso Mist is also great for setting your makeup. As mentioned earlier, many professional makeup artists use it to set a model’s makeup before a photoshoot or a red carpet event. Leave a bottle in your purse so you can spray it on-the-go. Shinso Mist’s conveniently sized spray bottle lets you refresh your skin in seconds no matter where you are.
And it’s easy to use! Hold the bottle 4-6 inches from your skin, close your eyes, and dispense 3-4 pumps of the soothing mist directly to your neck and face. Lightly pat or gently massage the area with your fingertips until the solution is absorbed, or simply allow your skin to drink in the deep-penetrating formulae naturally. It can be applied to freshly cleansed skin, or over makeup.
July 9th, 2014
- Use Shinso Mist. Shinso Mist can be used anytime- before as a primer or after you’ve applied your makeup as a setting spray. This product gives you a natural face lift and rejuvenates the appearance of your face. It can help to reduce wrinkles, brighten the skin, tighten the skin, hydrate the skin, reduce pore sizes and more. The effects of applying this product will last for 45 to 60 days, depending on how often and properly you use it.
- Use makeup to contour your face. It may look hard, but contouring your face with makeup is fairly easy. You’ll want to apply a lighter product (concealer or highlighter) to the areas of your face that you want to stand out. You’ll also apply a darker product (like bronzer or powder) to the areas you want to hide. This make your cheekbones and eyebrows pop, which gives you a more youthful appearance.
- Give yourself a nice facial massage. Applying your favorite oil cleanser and start rubbing! Starting from the center of your face, start to massage your face using small, circular motions. Work inwards against your lines and wrinkles, then massage your eyes gently. Lastly, work on your forehead.
June 2nd, 2014
During the summer months, it’s very important to properly apply SPF to prevent your skin from burning. However, there are times when you may have missed a spot or forgot to re-apply, so a slight sunburn is inevitable. Besides making sure you protect yourself against the sun beforehand next time, here are a few ways to help heal sun burnt skin.
There are a few different, easy ways to help heal the burning sensation of a sunburn, including:
- apply a cool, wet compress (like a towel) to the burned area
- apply aloe vera or a moisturizer with aloe vera to help moisturize and heal the skin
- pop an Ibuprofen or other over-the-counter pain reliever
- stay hydrated with plenty of water
- take a cool bath and avoid hot showers
After your skin has begun to heal, it’s important to work to reduce the fine lines and wrinkles that appear from too much sun exposure. Apply Shinso Essence regularly to help damaged skin cells regenerate to a younger version of themselves, resulting in a more youthful appearance. Essence will refine your skin’s texture and leave your face noticeably brighter and youthfully radiant, and may be applied throughout the day and evening, on the face and neck as well as the entire body. The serum may be used either before or after your makeup routine.
For an added, boost spritz Shinso Mist a few times a week as well. With regular use of Shinso Essence, damaged skin cells are regenerated to a younger version of themselves resulting in a more youthful appearance.
February 25th, 2014
- Use serum Shinso Essence the morning of a large event and the night before after you wash your face.
- Before applying any makeup or facial products, gently exfoliate the skin with Shinso Glow. This product will remove dead skin and you can be used for all types of skin- even those with Rosacea or sensitive skin.
- After applying makeup, you want to seal it in for a lasting and moisturizing effect. Apply Shinso Mist over the makeup to set the products and lift your face.
February 18th, 2014
Rosacea is a chronic skin condition characterized by redness on the face that currently affects around 14 million Americans. Usually it manifests itself across the cheeks, nose and forehead and sometimes includes small bumps, burning and other symptoms. Rosacea affects all ages and genders (although it is more common in women) and can worsen over time if left untreated.
Certain medications, skincare items and makeup can trigger rosacea, which makes living with the condition extra hard. Thankfully, there are treatments in the form of steroid creams, but you also can help to keep your rosacea at bay by staying away from certain products or using products specifically made for sensitive skin.
It’s important to have a consistent and gentle skincare routine when suffering from rosacea. Products such as Shinso Mist can be easily applied to skin to help control the symptoms. This product is free of oil, chemicals, fragrances and parabens, so it’s good for your skin and won’t trigger flare-ups. When shopping for skincare products, read the labels carefully to make sure the ingredients are natural and gentle. Some ingredients to avoid include alcohol, menthol, salicylic acid and sodium lauryl sulfate.
When applying products, make sure to be gentle and to avoid any scrubbing, since this could make your skin worse. Stay away from harsh exfoliants or skin peels. Instead, cleanse with your fingertips with a mild cleanser.
Lastly, make sure to pile on the sunscreen. The harsh sun can trigger a flare-up, so using a daily sunscreen can help combat these. Like mentioned above, avoid formulas with alcohol, oils and fragrances and look for products with zinc oxide and silicone, since these oftentimes help people with rosacea.