May 7th, 2015
Spring is finally here, which means it’s time to swap out your typical beauty and skincare routine for something lighter.
Swap out darker blush colors for something lighter. Punchy pinks add a pop of color to your face, giving you that sun-kissed look. A coraly-pink shade looks good on just about every skin tone, so you can’t go wrong with that.
Layer up on the sunscreen. Many women forget to wear sunscreen in months that aren’t summer (possibly because the sun isn’t always as bright during this season), which can lead to sunspots, dry skin, and — in some cases — skin cancer. To ensure that you protect your face during spring, opt for a daily moisturizer with a high SPF in it. This way, you’ll only need to remember to moisturize in the morning instead of applying a thick sunscreen in addition to your typical beauty routine.
Switch from powders to creams. Powder-based skincare and beauty products are great for winter, but the arrival of spring begs for something creamier. Swap out powder blush and eyeshadow for creamier textures, which will glide on easier on your moisturized skin.
Exfoliate away winter. Use a gentle exfoliating product, like Shinso Glow, to remove all the dead skin and buildup from winter. This gives your face a beautiful canvas for spring.
December 10th, 2014
With the holidays right around the corner, more and more shoppers are out shopping for the perfect gifts. Women are sometimes known as being “hard to buy for”, but we know that one way to a woman’s heart is great skin. While you can’t actually give the gift of great skin, you can help along the way with the following gifts.
A trip to the spa. Nothing puts a woman’s mind at ease like a nice, relaxing trip to the spa. She can get a massage, treat herself to a wax and opt for a deep-cleansing facial. At-home facial and spa treatments are great, but let her indulge in the best of the best by having her see a professional. Most spas or facial salons offer gift certificates that can be easily purchased online or at the front desk.
Shinso Skincare products. Your wife, girlfriend, mother or sister might not usually like to treat herself to quality skincare products, so why not surprise her with the gift of Shinso Skincare products. Whether it’s Essence, Mist or Glow, there is a Shinso product for her specific needs.
A gift card to your local beauty or department store. Specialty beauty stores carry unique brands and products that are hard to find at drugstore or supermarkets, while department stores carry high-end brands that are hard to find. A gift card to one of these places ensures your special friend that she can get whichever product she wants, while you don’t have to worry about getting a gift receipt to return it.
November 23rd, 2014
With the holidays right around the corner, you’ll want to look your best! From work parties to family events, chances are you’ll be attending a variety of holiday get-togethers where all eyes will be on you. In addition to wearing your best little black dress and getting that perfect blowout, you’ll want your skin to be in top shape. Here are a few tips to get a holiday glow.
Exfoliate. Exfoliating works wonders on your skin by eliminating the dead, old damaged layers of skin and revealing new, smooth layers underneath. Use a gentle, yet effective exfoliating product like Shinso Glow to renew your skin. Shinso Glow includes fullerene, which penetrates the skin cells to detoxify and regenerate healthy skin cells and restore the skin’s natural functions, leaving skin plumper and more youthful. Shinso Glow also contains natural fruit and SOD, superoxide dismutase. SOD is a naturally occurring enzyme with important antioxidant and healing properties – a crucial defense for skin cells.
Fake a tan. The lack of sunlight and cold temperatures of winter leave most women with pale, naturally whiter skin. Don’t be tempted to hit the tanning bed, and instead fake a glow with the latest beauty products. Whether it’s a sunless tanner or just a few swipes of a golden-hued bronzer, it only takes a little makeup to give your skin a natural glow. And don’t forget your sunscreen on days spent outdoors!
Moisturize. With harsh winds, skin can get chapped and flaky, so moisturizing daily is key to supple skin. Foundation and concealers do not go on well when skin is dry, so proper moisturizing ensures a smooth application. The same goes for your lips- that holiday red shade of lipstick won’t work on chapped or flaky lips, so be sure to keep them extra-moisturized as well.
October 6th, 2014
While having a spa inside our home would be ideal, most of us cannot afford that. However, there are some affordable ways to give yourself an at-home skin detox. Next time you have a free weekend to pamper yourself, why not try a few of these tips?
Start your at-home detox by watching what you eat and drink. Avoid salty foods (which can make your skin look and feel dehydrated and bloated) and anything spicy (which may trigger redness or inflammation). Drink plenty of water throughout the day and try herbal teas with ingredients such as ginger or chamomile to calm yourself.
Next, it’s time to give yourself a DIY facial. Apply a warm washcloth to your face to open up your pores. After 10-15 minutes of that, it’s time to apply a thick face mask. As you let the mask soak into your skin, relax with some music. Wipe away the mask and watch as you see the impurities and the day’s dirt wash away.
Exfoliating is also a great way to detox your skin. Shinso Glow is a light exfoliant with many added benefits. After removing away the product, your skin will be free of the dead layers. Apply a thick moisturizer and let it soak in for hours as you read magazines, watch TV or anything else that helps you relax.
Lastly, spend some time cleaning your makeup brushes and other items you use on your face daily. These brushes easily foster germs, skin cells and makeup, so cleaning them bi-weekly is a must. While you’re at it, toss out any expired or old beauty or skincare products, as you want your skin to stay clean and fresh in the future.
September 9th, 2014
There are few beauty and skincare brands that produce products that cater to a wide audience. Most products focus on younger skin, older skin, acne-prone skin, etc. This results in women using multiple products at once, which can irritate the skin or cancel out the effects of certain ingredients. Shinso Skincare carries a variety of products that boast benefits for women and men of any age.
- Shinso Essence- Shinso Essence instantly rejuvenates and tightens your skin, while it goes to work on the deepest layers to boost collagen production. It helps to smooth and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles giving you a similar topical botox like effect naturally. With regular use, it will reveal the true you with firmer and smoother skin. Even if you don’t have wrinkles yet, Essence will work to prevent them by tightening the skin. It’s a great preventative measure to take!
- Shinso Mist- Shinso Mist hydrates and energizes skin. It can also be used to set makeup for long-lasting power, which is great for women and men of any age. It only takes a few quick spritzes- another bonus!
- Shinso Glow- Shinso Glow works to exfoliate the skin to get rid of dead or damaged cells, so your true, beautiful skin can shine through. Exfoliation is key at any age, and has the added benefit of allowing for better penetration of serums and moisturizers.
September 2nd, 2014
Whether you’re constantly on the road for your job, or you enjoy multiple vacations a year, traveling can be difficult on your skincare routine. You can’t always pack your entire bathroom cabinet and you may not have time to indulge in the treatments you usually do at home. Here are a few travel skincare tips to help along your journeys.
- Stay hydrated. Staying hydrated is key to retain your skin’s elasticity and health. This means drinking plenty of water and eating foods with high water content, such as fruits and veggies.
- Hydrate your skin. In addition to drinking enough water, you also need to moisturize often- maybe even more than usual. Traveling via airplane is a common situation where the skin gets dry quickly, so bring some moisturizer with you on your carry-on and apply generously.
- Pack the necessities. When you can only bring a few products, pick the ones you need to use on a daily basis, and include smaller samples of products you might use weekly or every-other-day. Important items include a moisturizer (like Shinso Essence), a gentle cleanser, a light exfoliant and any products for specific skin problems, such as acne. Lots of brands carry travel-size products, but if not, you can always pour your full-size product into a smaller container.
- Research the climate beforehand. Check the weather and the climate of your destination, so you’ll know what to expect for your skin. Drier weather calls for a hydrating facial mist, while colder weather calls for a thick moisturizer for your lips and cheeks.
August 25th, 2014
With summer coming to an end, it’s time to transition your skincare for the fall season. You no longer have to worry so much about your makeup sweating off, hiding uneven tan lines or any other summer skin concerns. Here are a few tips to prepare your skin for fall.
- Switch from lotions to creams. As the air becomes drier, your skin needs a thicker moisturizer. Creams provide a stronger oily barrier, which means they both reduce water loss from the outer layer of skin and provide hydration to this layer of skin at the same time.
- Start using hand cream. Your hands begin to get dry and crack faster once the air starts to get cooler and the wind picks up. Use a thick hand cream to nourish your hands and prevent aging signs.
- Fix summer damages with a deep-cleaning treatment. Your skin is probably damaged from the sun, sand and sweat you experienced during summer. Spend one day a week by giving yourself a deep skin treatment, including exfoliation (Shinso Glow) a serum that deeply penetrates the skin (Shinso Essense) and more.
- Prevent dry skin. Wash your face with tepid- not cold or boiling hot- water as to not irritate your skin. Moisturize daily and nightly to prevent dry skin from even becoming a problem.
- Use SPF. As always, make sure to apply SPF each day. You may not be exposed to as much sun as summer or spring, but it’s still out there and can hurt your skin.
August 6th, 2014
What’s better than an at-home facial? You get all the benefits without breaking the bank. To start your at-home facial, it’s important to have an array of the right products and tools to get skin glowing. Below we’ll tell you how to incorporate skincare technology with your favorite Shinso products to emulate a real facial.
A Clarisonic brush is an easy-to-use skincare invention that does wonders for your skin. It is used to cleanse your skin, removing dead skin cells, brightening your skin and more. There is a wide range of products, including different brush heads for different skin types and problems. A Clarisonic can be used daily with your favorite skincare products. Shinso Glow works especially well when applied with a Clarisonic brush. Glow works to exfoliate skin for a radiant appearance, and using the brush in addition with the product maximizes results.
After this, apply a light moisturizer or serum to soak in your skin overnight. Any other products you happen to use nightly- an eye cream, acne solution, etc.- should be applied after as well. Now light a scented candle, slip on your most comfy pajamas and sleep the night away. You’ll be surprised at how a refreshing facial at home can make you feel rejuvenated and healthy.
July 28th, 2014
Although it’s hard to believe, Jennifer Lopez recently turned 45. The actress and singer’s youthful appearance isn’t just good genetics, it also includes luxurious treatments and a variety of amazing skincare products. Makeup artist Mary Phillips shared a few of the secrets she uses on Lopez’s skin. Read on to learn how to get Jennifer’s glowing, healthy skin.
- Use a daily moisturizer. Using a moisturizer daily helps to prep the skin’s surface for makeup application. You wouldn’t want to apply foundation and blush to skin that’s dry and peeling, would you? Moisturized skin creates a smooth, even surface that reflects light and colors beautifully.
- Eat healthy & drink enough water. It sounds obviously, but doing this (along with getting enough sleep) drastically improves the skin.
- Stick to an a.m. and p.m. routine. Products like Shinso Essence are created to apply in both the morning and nighttime. Following a steady routine is the best way to see consistent results in your skin. Apply after washing your face and removing your makeup at night, as well as after showering or washing your face in the morning as well. Long-term use of Essence will tighten and lift the skin, as well as add a brightness.
- Get a nice glow. Shinso Glow is a combination of ingredients which exfoliate and rejuvenate the skin. Glow leaves your skin refreshed and glowing, which Lopez is famous for. Now just add some bronzer and self-tanner and you’re done!
May 5th, 2014
Warm weather and exposure to sunlight does a lot to your skin, so being prepared for the change in seasons is key. Before you slip into your bikini and sandals, follow these tips to help prepare your skin for summer.
- Drink lots of water. Drinking water not only hydrates your body in the heat, but it also keeps your skin hydrated. Dry skin can be tamed with moisturizers, but eating foods with a high water content and trying to get in 8 glasses of water a day will help immensely.
- Exfoliate. It’s time to remove winter (and maybe spring’s) dead skin, especially your body. Exfoliating with Shinso Glow helps to remove the outermost layers of dull, dead skin. Repeated use of this product in your skincare routine will unclog pores, give your skin a bright appearance and a smoother texture, too.
- Use sunscreen. What’s the point in working hard to keep your skin in top shape if you’re just going to let UV rays damage it? Wearing a daily moisturizer with sunscreen included is a great first step, but make sure to apply a high-SPF sunscreen all over your face and body before spending time outdoors. It’s important to gradually introduce your skin to direct sunlight to prevent sunburns and irritation.
- Pamper your feet. Toes are all out during summer when women generally wear sandals and wedges. Give your feet a nice massage, use a pumice stone to get rid of calluses and roughness and apply a foot lotion to keep them nice and smooth. Take your favorite nail polish and you’re ready to head out!