December 10th, 2014
With the holidays right around the corner, more and more shoppers are out shopping for the perfect gifts. Women are sometimes known as being “hard to buy for”, but we know that one way to a woman’s heart is great skin. While you can’t actually give the gift of great skin, you can help along the way with the following gifts.
A trip to the spa. Nothing puts a woman’s mind at ease like a nice, relaxing trip to the spa. She can get a massage, treat herself to a wax and opt for a deep-cleansing facial. At-home facial and spa treatments are great, but let her indulge in the best of the best by having her see a professional. Most spas or facial salons offer gift certificates that can be easily purchased online or at the front desk.
Shinso Skincare products. Your wife, girlfriend, mother or sister might not usually like to treat herself to quality skincare products, so why not surprise her with the gift of Shinso Skincare products. Whether it’s Essence, Mist or Glow, there is a Shinso product for her specific needs.
A gift card to your local beauty or department store. Specialty beauty stores carry unique brands and products that are hard to find at drugstore or supermarkets, while department stores carry high-end brands that are hard to find. A gift card to one of these places ensures your special friend that she can get whichever product she wants, while you don’t have to worry about getting a gift receipt to return it.
November 4th, 2014
Dermatologist Dr. Paul Cohen recently stopped by a Canadian morning television show to share tips on how to care for skin during cancer treatments and the do’s and don’ts of taking care of your skin. Among the products he highlighted was Shinso Essence. Below is an overview of all the helpful tips Dr. Cohen touched on during the 5-minute segment.
- Two of the most common changes in the skin during and after cancer treatments are rashes and sun sensitivity.
- While you’re undergoing cancer therapy, it’s crucial to soothe, heal and protect your skin.
- A large concern of those undergoing cancer treatments is dehydration. Patients often ask what the best moisturizer out there is. Look for products with natural moisturizing ingredients, such as oatmeal.
- Avoid products with fragrance or perfume, since the overpowering scents could cause nausea or make it worse.
- For itchy skin or rashes, use cortisone cream to soothe the skin.
- Always apply a sunscreen- look for hypoallergenic versions to avoid any irritations to the skin.
- Shinso products- especially Essence- are like a “facelift in a bottle”. Dr. Cohen praises the products created by a “Japanese rocket scientist” for their face-lifting properties. All Shinso products are also made without parabens or harsh chemicals.
- Stay away from any irritants when using makeup or other beauty products.
You can view the video here: http://canadaam.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=478471&playlistId=1.2076720&binId=1.815911&playlistPageNum=1&binPageNum=1
October 7th, 2014
Shinso Essence has a variety of uses, making it a versatile product every woman- and man- should keep in his bathroom cabinet. This breakthrough beauty serum does it all, saving you space in your beauty bag and space in your wallet. Here are a few of the best uses for Shinso Essence.
- Use it as an eye serum. Many women show signs of aging the most in their eyes- whether it’s lines, wrinkles or droopy eyelids. Apply Essence carefully around your ends- patting the product on for the largest benefit.
- Use it to lift your neck. Many women forget to apply moisturizer, or any skincare product, to their necks. Applying a product solely to your face will only emphasize the signs of aging on your neck. Next time you apply Essence to your face, be sure to add some to your neck.
- Use it to hide fine lines and wrinkles. Shinso Essence instantly rejuvenates and tightens your skin, while it goes to work on the deepest layers to boost collagen production. This boost of collagen helps to smooth and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles giving you a similar topical botox like effect naturally. With regular use, Shinso Essence will reveal the true you with firmer and smoother skin.
- Use it as a multi-purpose night cream. Apply 3-4 pumps of Shinso Essence using light, upward strokes over the entire face and neck area until absorbed. Then go to sleep and let the product sink in overnight.
September 9th, 2014
There are few beauty and skincare brands that produce products that cater to a wide audience. Most products focus on younger skin, older skin, acne-prone skin, etc. This results in women using multiple products at once, which can irritate the skin or cancel out the effects of certain ingredients. Shinso Skincare carries a variety of products that boast benefits for women and men of any age.
- Shinso Essence- Shinso Essence instantly rejuvenates and tightens your skin, while it goes to work on the deepest layers to boost collagen production. It helps to smooth and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles giving you a similar topical botox like effect naturally. With regular use, it will reveal the true you with firmer and smoother skin. Even if you don’t have wrinkles yet, Essence will work to prevent them by tightening the skin. It’s a great preventative measure to take!
- Shinso Mist- Shinso Mist hydrates and energizes skin. It can also be used to set makeup for long-lasting power, which is great for women and men of any age. It only takes a few quick spritzes- another bonus!
- Shinso Glow- Shinso Glow works to exfoliate the skin to get rid of dead or damaged cells, so your true, beautiful skin can shine through. Exfoliation is key at any age, and has the added benefit of allowing for better penetration of serums and moisturizers.
September 2nd, 2014
Whether you’re constantly on the road for your job, or you enjoy multiple vacations a year, traveling can be difficult on your skincare routine. You can’t always pack your entire bathroom cabinet and you may not have time to indulge in the treatments you usually do at home. Here are a few travel skincare tips to help along your journeys.
- Stay hydrated. Staying hydrated is key to retain your skin’s elasticity and health. This means drinking plenty of water and eating foods with high water content, such as fruits and veggies.
- Hydrate your skin. In addition to drinking enough water, you also need to moisturize often- maybe even more than usual. Traveling via airplane is a common situation where the skin gets dry quickly, so bring some moisturizer with you on your carry-on and apply generously.
- Pack the necessities. When you can only bring a few products, pick the ones you need to use on a daily basis, and include smaller samples of products you might use weekly or every-other-day. Important items include a moisturizer (like Shinso Essence), a gentle cleanser, a light exfoliant and any products for specific skin problems, such as acne. Lots of brands carry travel-size products, but if not, you can always pour your full-size product into a smaller container.
- Research the climate beforehand. Check the weather and the climate of your destination, so you’ll know what to expect for your skin. Drier weather calls for a hydrating facial mist, while colder weather calls for a thick moisturizer for your lips and cheeks.
September 1st, 2014
Botox can be a promising treatment for many women- and men- around the world. Unfortunately, it is very costly and has a variety of side effects and health risks. Luckily, there are a variety of products and procedures out there that are a safer and cheaper alternative to traditional Botox.
Shinso Essence has Argireline (Acetyl Hexapeptide-8), which is a unique anti-wrinkle peptide that has been shown in significant testing to be effective against the development of skin wrinkling. Argireline topically mimics Botox to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
Shinso products work to improve the appearance of skin within two minutes, as the product boosts collagen levels, repairs damage and reduces wrinkles. Celebrity make-up artists, such as Julia Carta, use Shinso products on their clients in lieu of Botox.
Botox only freezes the muscles- it doesn’t rejuvanate, firm, and prevent them from aging like Shinso skincare products do.
For optimal results, apply Shinso Essence to the face, sides of the face, below the chin and neck. These are the areas where skin shows aging, so it’s crucial to cover these areas daily. Gently massage the product deep into the skin in upward strokes.
Need more proof? Simon Cowell, a previous Botox fan, now strictly relies on the natural Botox routine, which includes Shinso products.
As always, prevention is the key to having a youthful appearance. But in addition to prevention, it’s comforting to know there are an array of products to help as well.
August 25th, 2014
With summer coming to an end, it’s time to transition your skincare for the fall season. You no longer have to worry so much about your makeup sweating off, hiding uneven tan lines or any other summer skin concerns. Here are a few tips to prepare your skin for fall.
- Switch from lotions to creams. As the air becomes drier, your skin needs a thicker moisturizer. Creams provide a stronger oily barrier, which means they both reduce water loss from the outer layer of skin and provide hydration to this layer of skin at the same time.
- Start using hand cream. Your hands begin to get dry and crack faster once the air starts to get cooler and the wind picks up. Use a thick hand cream to nourish your hands and prevent aging signs.
- Fix summer damages with a deep-cleaning treatment. Your skin is probably damaged from the sun, sand and sweat you experienced during summer. Spend one day a week by giving yourself a deep skin treatment, including exfoliation (Shinso Glow) a serum that deeply penetrates the skin (Shinso Essense) and more.
- Prevent dry skin. Wash your face with tepid- not cold or boiling hot- water as to not irritate your skin. Moisturize daily and nightly to prevent dry skin from even becoming a problem.
- Use SPF. As always, make sure to apply SPF each day. You may not be exposed to as much sun as summer or spring, but it’s still out there and can hurt your skin.
July 28th, 2014
Although it’s hard to believe, Jennifer Lopez recently turned 45. The actress and singer’s youthful appearance isn’t just good genetics, it also includes luxurious treatments and a variety of amazing skincare products. Makeup artist Mary Phillips shared a few of the secrets she uses on Lopez’s skin. Read on to learn how to get Jennifer’s glowing, healthy skin.
- Use a daily moisturizer. Using a moisturizer daily helps to prep the skin’s surface for makeup application. You wouldn’t want to apply foundation and blush to skin that’s dry and peeling, would you? Moisturized skin creates a smooth, even surface that reflects light and colors beautifully.
- Eat healthy & drink enough water. It sounds obviously, but doing this (along with getting enough sleep) drastically improves the skin.
- Stick to an a.m. and p.m. routine. Products like Shinso Essence are created to apply in both the morning and nighttime. Following a steady routine is the best way to see consistent results in your skin. Apply after washing your face and removing your makeup at night, as well as after showering or washing your face in the morning as well. Long-term use of Essence will tighten and lift the skin, as well as add a brightness.
- Get a nice glow. Shinso Glow is a combination of ingredients which exfoliate and rejuvenate the skin. Glow leaves your skin refreshed and glowing, which Lopez is famous for. Now just add some bronzer and self-tanner and you’re done!
July 22nd, 2014
Aging of your skin is inevitable, but there are a large number of things you can do to stop it from happening too soon. It’s never too late to start- so follow these tips below to help prevent premature aging of your skin.
- Stay away from the sun. Sun damage is the #1 factor of aging skin. Be sure to wear SPF every time you are outdoors- even in the winter or when it’s cloudy. Wear a floppy hat and sunglasses to shield the delicate areas of your head and face from the sun, where wrinkles appear easily.
- Stop smoking and drinking. Cigarettes cause decreased blood flow to the face, and damage from toxic chemicals in smoke, are the likely causes. Drinking alcohol also dehydrates you, which leaves your skin parched and old-looking.
- Use the right products. With Shinso Essence, you can eliminate your entire skincare routine (toners, eye cream, moisturizer, wrinkle cream and more) simply applying Shinso Essence to your skin. You’ll see long term results and reduce your beauty budget with this all-in-one product. With Essence, you will see instant results of a natural face lift as your skin gets tighter and looks younger.
- Eat the right foods. If you often eat junk food (lots of salt or sugar, for example), your skin isn’t getting the vitamins and nutrients it needs. Switch to fruits and vegetables and plenty of protein for young-looking skin.
July 21st, 2014
When it comes to skincare, differentiating which product does what can be a bit confusing. Here is a quick breakdown of two of Shinso’s most popular products and the differences between them.
- The application is different. Shinso Mist is a mist that you simply spray onto your skin, while Shinso Essence is a serum that you apply with your hands. Both can definitely be used on-the-go, although Mist is much more convenient for touch-ups throughout the day. Mist can be added on top of makeup, while Essence should be used prior to putting on makeup. Mist can be used multiple times per day, while Essence is very powerful and should be used twice- in the morning and at night.
- The concentration. Shinso Mist is less concentrated than Essence, but it is still very powerful. Essence gives you the rejuvenation throughout the day and feed the skin.
- The ingredients. Shinso Mist has about 30 different ingredients, including deep sea water and two Nobel Prize ingredients. Essence has about 70 ingredients, which includes various Japanese herbs.
Both products produce long-term effects including a reduction in wrinkles, tighter skin, tons of hydration and a boost in collagen levels. So why not use both products?