December 31st, 2015
We all have that friend whose skincare routine scares us. Whether it’s a 9-step process, costs them hundreds of dollars a month, or takes an entire hour, their routine makes you cringe. The good news is that you CAN have healthy and beautiful skin with only a few products and steps. In fact, we’ll stick to 3. Here’s your 3-step, time-saving process for healthy skin – exfoliate, moisturize, and refine.
The first step to getting great skin is to get rid of your current bad skin. Our skin undergoes a renewal process every 28 days where the growth of new skin cells will push the old skin cells to the surface. When these old skin cells are not removed, they will hinder our skin’s renewal and regeneration, giving rise to various skin problems such as clogged pores, blackheads, dull skin tone, blemishes and pimples.
Shinso Glow works to exfoliate skin and leave you looking and feeling rejuvenated. It’s main ingredient, Fullerene, penetrates the skin cells to detoxify and regenerate healthy skin cells and restore the skin’s natural functions.
After you’ve exfoliated, you’re left with a clean, fresh palette to work with. Your skin is brand new and exposed, which means it’s crucial to start moisturizing right away before dryness or irritation can kick in. A basic moisturizer works well for certain skin types, but anyone with problem skin should invest in a serum, like Shinso Essence. Shinso Essence may be applied throughout the day and evening, on the face and neck as well as the entire body. The serum may be used either before or after your makeup routine.
You’re on the road to great skin already, but the last step is the perfect way to seal everything together. Refining products, like Shinso Mist, nourish your skin anytime, anywhere. Shinso Essence will refine your skin’s texture and leave your face noticeably brighter and youthfully radiant. Shinso Essence may be applied throughout the day and evening, on the face and neck as well as the entire body. The serum may be used either before or after your makeup routine.
September 23rd, 2015
Have you ever wondered why some women have naturally plump skin, while others seem to lack fullness and a healthy glow? It turns out that there are various ways you can make your skin appear plumper by using a few products and updating your skincare routine.
Getting enough Vitamin C isn’t just good for your health, it also has great effects on your skin as well. Vitamin C helps you fight off wrinkles while helping amp up the formulation of collagen, which gives skim a plump appearance and texture. In addition to getting enough of the vitamin in your diet, there are also topical products that contain Vitamin C as well.
Staying Away from Smoking & The Sun
Both smoking and exposure to UVA rays damage the collagen in your skin, leading to wrinkles, sagging skin, and more.
Exfoliating removes the top layer of skin (all those dead skin cells) to help speed up the natural process of skin and collagen renewal. Look for products that contain hydroxy acids, since they promote new skin cells ones to grow after the exfoliation. Or if you’d rather do-it-yourself, there are various homemade exfoliating scrub recipes available online.
Although it may sound silly, facial exercises can help keep your skin in tip-top shape. Use your fingers to tap skin on your forehead, under eyes, the jaw, chin and cheeks. Repeat these exercises twice a day (for about five to ten minutes per day) to start to really see results.
July 20th, 2015
The reality of this topic is that sun damage isn’t always completely reversible, which is why it’s super important to always wear sunscreen with high SPF. But if you’ve failed to take the right procedures in your past and your skin shows that, there are a few options to help erase the appearance of sun damage on your skin. Read on to learn how to remove brown spots, wrinkles, and more.
Look for products with SOD, like Shinso Essence. SOD, superoxide dismutase, is a naturally occurring enzyme found in the dermis and epidermis that neutralizes age-accelerating free radicals. SOD is a potent anti-aging treatment that is essential to the production of healthy fibroblasts (skin-building cells) while it repairs previously damaged skin cells. With regular use of Shinso Essence, damaged skin cells are regenerated to a younger version of themselves resulting in a more youthful appearance. Shinso Essence will refine your skin’s texture and leave your face noticeably brighter and youthfully radiant.
Try chemical exfoliation. If your skin is the right type/fit for the procedure, you could try chemical exfoliation. Chemical exfoliation dissolves dead skin cells instead of scrubbing them offthe way buffers and granule cleansers do. Look for a product with a 5 percent to 8 percent concentration of glycolic acid (which is the active ingredient that removes the extra layers of dead cells that are holding all of the brown pigment that has clumped and accumulated over the years).
Use topical creams with antioxidants. Apply an antioxidant-rich topical cream daily, ideally at night. Antioxidants help protect the skin’s DNA to prevent cancer while also protecting the collagen and elastic tissue from free radicals that can cause wrinkles and sagging skin. Look for serums with Vitamin C–based antioxidants, since they work to reduce uneven brown pigmentation.
May 6th, 2015
There’s no denying the popularity of yoga, but what about facial yoga? A quick Google search provides you with before and after photos, suggestions for which “poses” work best and “how to” videos from facial yoga experts. But what exactly is facial yoga, and is it just another beauty trend?
Facial yoga is all about exercising your face muscles, which tightens, tones and, according to practitioners, combats aging. The techniques are also designed to stimulate collagen and elastin production in the middle layer of the skin giving you a smoother, more supple, tighter-looking skin with a natural glow. This series of exercises promises to do for your face what yoga does for your body: relax and tone muscles. Experts recommend performing the various facial exercises for 20 minutes, six times a week in order to see results quickly. After all, there are approximately 50 muscles in your face, so exercising them is key.
Facial yoga has a variety of benefits aside from those mentioned above. For one, it’s much cheaper — not to mention safer — than plastic surgery. It’s also much safer- facial yoga is 100% natural and doesn’t contain any chemicals or require needles.
March 24th, 2015
There are various actions you can proactively take to help improve your skin, ranging from eating the right foods to using the correct products for your skin type. In addition, there are a few things you should stay away from if you want a clear and glowing complexion. Below are just a few things to stop doing if you want good skin.
- Smoking. Smoking depletes your body of nutrients that it needs, like Vitamin C. Smokers often see negative effects on their skin, including bags under the eyes, premature aging, a loss of a natural glow and even redness or other skin tone issues. Studies show that after only 10 years of smoking, it’s already possible to see the effects in the faces of young adults.
- Taking hot showers. It can be tempting to take hot showers or baths, but in reality, they are bad for your skin. When you shower with very hot water, you will notice that your skin will get redder than usual. This is how you’ll know it’s too hot. When you shower in that temperature of water, it strips away the skin’s natural and healthy oils and moisture. Without these oils and moisture, your skin becomes dry, itchy and cracked. So cut the shower a bit shorter and adjust the temperature just a little to see instant results in your skin’s health and quality.
- Letting stress get the best of you. Stress affects everyone differently, ranging from mood swings to bad skin. Stress causes a chemical response in your body that could lead to various reactions. These reactions often include breakouts, hives or rashes to name a few. If you have an existing skin condition, such as psoriasis or rosacea, stress can worsen the symptoms and appearance. To reduce stress to improve your skin, be sure to continue taking good care of your skin and health (such as exercising and eating right).
February 25th, 2015
If you work long hours, you know how your skin and makeup can look at the end of the day. In addition to using long-lasting makeup products and staying hydrated, use a few of these tips to stay looking refreshed during day.
Refresh your face with Shinso Mist. Shinso Mist uses water from some of the world’s purest sources, such as the Sea of Japan, to invigorate and revitalize your skin. The unique t formula uses the purest waters combined with more than 30 natural elements and rare botanicals to deliver a gentle, high tech misting spray that works on a microcellular level. It instantly energizes the skin without clogging oils. Shinso Mist also helps protect you from the sun’s ultraviolet rays while neutralizing many other environmental stressors and toxins that can weaken the elasticity of your skin. Spray your way to a more radiant, youthful complexion with this formulation of nature’s most powerful ingredients. This high tech nourishment for your skin can be as close as your purse, with Shinso Mist’s convenient sized spray bottle.
Pat away oils. If your skin tends to get oil or you sweat a lot, be sure to touch-up your face with a makeup or oil-removing wipe. Many brands have small-size packages that can fit in your purse or desk drawer.
Conceal and then add powder. Concealer can work wonders to hide any problem areas, but it can slide off throughout the day. Use a heavy-duty formula and then set it with a translucent powder for extra staying power.
Take a walk. Getting up from your desk (or an indoor environment) and walking around to get fresh air can instantly lift your mood and mind. Fresh air and sun will keep you awake and leave you feeling more energized.
February 4th, 2015
Proper circulation does wonders for both your skin and body, which is why it’s important to try a variety of tactics to achieve this. Your blood carries toxins, chemicals and pollutants throughout your body. When you don’t have proper circulation, these toxins aren’t removed properly and can cause illnesses that are reflected throughout your body and on your skin. It’s important to keep your circulation pumping at optimal levels to stay healthy and have great skin. Here are a few tips to improve your circulation for your skin and body.
- Dry brush your skin. It may sound crazy, but dry brushing works. Dry brushing is the practice of scrubbing down your dry skin with a scratchy brush. Dry brushing works to brush off dead skin cells and activate waste removal via your lymph nodes at the same time. It can also work to reduce cellulite!
- Snack on a little dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is rich in cocoa flavanols, plant compounds with antioxidant properties, which help hydrate skin and improve circulation.
- Exercise. Exercise elevates the heart rate and pumps the blood faster throughout your body. As blood becomes oxygenated, it increases the circulation throughout your body, including to the skin. The increased blood supply helps bring toxins to the surface, where they can be cleared and cleansed, leaving skin glowing.
- Drink enough water. Keep your body hydrated by getting 8 glasses per day. As you drink water, it flushes toxins from your body each time you urinate or sweat.
February 1st, 2015
When you’re on the road- whether it’s for work or pleasure- it can be hard to stick to your usual routines. To keep your skin in top shape while traveling, you should pack your usual products (travel-size bottles work well), stay hydrated and then eating healthy foods. Below are a few healthy snack ideas for when you’re traveling- many of which will help keep your skin in tip-top shape.
- A handful of walnuts. Walnuts contain omega-3 essential fatty acids, which can improve skin’s elasticity. They also contain copper, which helps to boost collagen production. Snack on a handful of walnuts each day to improve your complexion’s texture.
- Yogurt. Yogurt is full of proteins to help firm the skin and keep it looking smooth. Try Greek yogurt and add some nuts or blueberries for extra taste.
- A pomegranate. You can choose the fruit itself or sip a cup of the fresh juice- both contain antioxidants that work to fight free radicals.
- Yellow and orange veggies, like peppers. These contain carotenoids, an antioxidant that works to decrease the skin’s sensitivity to the sun. Snack on these if you’re planning on traveling in a sunny climate.
- Edamame. This tasty snack is made from soy, which is loaded with protiens and minerals to help fight hyper-pigmentation.
- A hard boiled egg. The yolk are full of skin clearing selenium, zinc and protein (among other vitamins!)
- Pumpkin seeds. These seeds are high in vitamin E, zinc and omega 3 & 6 fatty acids, which make them a good skin-clearing substitute.
August 7th, 2014
Shinso skincare products contain an array of natural ingredients, including botanical herbs and water straight from Japan. Another naturally-occurring ingredient you will see in many skincare products is seaweed. Below we list a few of the many health and skin benefits of seaweed.
- In ancient Polynesia, they used seaweed treat various wounds, bruises and swellings, and is today often used on burns and wounds as well. The oils found in seaweed help dead or damaged skin cells renew and rejuvinate.
- Seaweed contains anti-aging and anti-cellulite properties, so applying it to skin can help improve elasticity.
- Seaweed is known as a common emollient that has smoothing, anti-inflammatory properties that can have a positive effect on problems such as facial wrinkles or redness. It acts as a moisturizer by forming a protective layer on the skin that reduces loss of moisture.
- Seaweed is packed with vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, which are all important to having youthful skin. A few essential vitamins it has includes: A1, B12, C, E, K, and folic acid. Selenium and ascorbic acid protects the skin from damaging free radicals. It can therefore help with rosacea or other skin-irritating issues.
- Seaweed baths are known to help relax and soothe irritated skin.
- Seaweed’s anti-inflammatory compounds can have a positive affect on reducing the swelling of acne.
Next time you’re at your local beauty store, check out and see their product offerings that contain seaweed!
July 22nd, 2014
Aging of your skin is inevitable, but there are a large number of things you can do to stop it from happening too soon. It’s never too late to start- so follow these tips below to help prevent premature aging of your skin.
- Stay away from the sun. Sun damage is the #1 factor of aging skin. Be sure to wear SPF every time you are outdoors- even in the winter or when it’s cloudy. Wear a floppy hat and sunglasses to shield the delicate areas of your head and face from the sun, where wrinkles appear easily.
- Stop smoking and drinking. Cigarettes cause decreased blood flow to the face, and damage from toxic chemicals in smoke, are the likely causes. Drinking alcohol also dehydrates you, which leaves your skin parched and old-looking.
- Use the right products. With Shinso Essence, you can eliminate your entire skincare routine (toners, eye cream, moisturizer, wrinkle cream and more) simply applying Shinso Essence to your skin. You’ll see long term results and reduce your beauty budget with this all-in-one product. With Essence, you will see instant results of a natural face lift as your skin gets tighter and looks younger.
- Eat the right foods. If you often eat junk food (lots of salt or sugar, for example), your skin isn’t getting the vitamins and nutrients it needs. Switch to fruits and vegetables and plenty of protein for young-looking skin.